Monday, August 2, 2010

Living our lives without him

Its almost 6 weeks since my Dad's sudden passing and you know there isn't a day that I go out and don't look to the park bench to see if he is sitting there. His park bench buddies don't sit on that bench anymore as he isn't there to sit with them, they sit on the next bench down. Joe even says its not the same anymore when we all go in the van together as he is now not squashed in the back seat between Eoghan and Maura. I drive and Dad used to be my co-pilot, Mam the navigator, sits next to Finnian right behind us and then Joe and the 2 were always in the back seat. Now I still drive but now my navigator (Mam) is in the front with me and Joe now sit's next to Finny.
Was over at Mam's the other day and she points to the loveseat where Dad always sat when he was in the house. There are cushions carefully placed where he sat and a cushion on the back of the loveseat with a pair of sunglasses left on top. Of course I had a qustioned look and Mam said " Maura does that and says "its Grandad" I didn't know what to say. I know that Maura will sit on the loveseat and have a conversation with her self and when you ask "Who were you talking to" she always says "Grandad". Mam is doing good as she says she just has to live her life now with out him.

No comments: