Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sleepless night

Well its now 5:26 am on Wednesday morning I have been up all night with our boy. He is running a low grade temp which is normal when he is not well. I gave him some paracetamol to take down his temp but four hours later it is now reading 100.2 wow before the paracetamol it was 100.5 so no big change so in another hour I can give him another dose but this time I will give him 10mls. Its funny but the Panadol usually works so when his temp is not budging it means something is really cooking in his system. So its off to the peds we will be going in about 4 hours. The poor bugger has even been throwing up water and now is grabbing on his hair behind his right ear. I love his g-tube its easy to get liquids in to him but they don't stay down for long he is also getting up alot of mucus so it could mean that he has a sinus thing going on. I think we will have to talk to the GI about doing the nissen on his tummy. When he had his g-tube put in the just tightened up the part of the esophagus at the stomach because his tummy was very small and they didn't want him to have a tummy the size of a dime. I have had to suction him after every puking session and that has not been nice. I even put him on the nebulizer to open up his airways and hopefully he has not aspirated. I can hear a little rattle on the right side but since the neb treatment it is much better. I have also see a few startles which is not uncommon when he is under the weather. As long as the don't go into full blown seizures we will be alright. Never fails we are going away for a few days and he gets sick well better now than to be on vacation and have to bring him to the ER. Wow I would have some explaining on his condition thats why I always bring his folder with me, Well I will update later and let you know whats going on with our Finnian.

No comments: