Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The latest on our Finnian

Well our first appointment today was with his Neuro doc, The result is since he is on three meds and the keto diet and we are still having seizure that we have to use Diastat may be its time for a change in some meds. To be honest I am on board for the change. It pains me to no end to have to give him Diastat. Yeah it works and it stops the seizure but I hate really hate pumping him full of crap. So off to the peds afterwards to check the ears and we also got him to do a base EKG on him we need it so we can go forward with the change of meds. The results still a little fluid in his left ear but nothing like the last tympaney test. His EKG was good so I must fax it in to the neuro's office for them to check it out. Once they go over it they will send me out the prescription for the new med and the wean on wean off schedule. So yes he will be on 4 meds and the diet for a while but we are old hands at this now so like I said yesterday anything with Finny doesn't phase me any more. Have to call his Keto diet lady and see what she thinks about his weight he is growing so that is not a problem. Must give her a call. Tomorrow I will update you on Eoghan's appointment with the Ortho doc and we will see if the peds is right about the begining of scolosis.

No comments: