Saturday, January 29, 2011

Friday and Saturday

Friday morning around 2am Finnian threw up in his sleep and then his heart rate went up pretty high but in about 5 minutes it was back down in normal high ranges. So that wasn't too bad but then later on about 12 noon his heart rate goes back up and you can see he is having seizures. We gave him some klonopin to see if that would calm the seizures down. It kinda did but around 2:30pm they were back in full force again so we gave him some diastat. After about 15 mins everything was back to more normal with him. So lesson learned on Friday when he starts have seizures and high heart rate the med of choice to give him is diastat.
Saturday started out pretty normal and Nanny took Eoghan and Maura to Irish classes and boy am I thankful Finnian had a repeat performance of Friday. I was not about to let it get our of control so I gave him diastat and in about 20 mins of giving it his heart rate had come back down to more normal ranges still on the higher end but nothing like what it had been. The seizures had also stopped. I guess its time to do a med adjustment we go on Monday to see the neuro and I know I am not increasing the keppra cause if we do I know we will see more seizures and he doesn't need that.

No comments: