Saturday, February 7, 2009

Update

Well Finnian's lumbar puncture/spinal tap has been scheduled for March 10th. He will be going into the hospital for at least 24 hours. At the same time they will do another VEEG on him to see how the seizures are going. It's sad to say but it would be great if he had one of his bad seizures while he is hooked up. Sometimes its like they don't believe me even though I tape the episodes. The camera is always ready and when I hear that shout the first thing I do is grab his bag and then the camera. Eoghan is great now he yells " Mam I'll get the camera and start taping you hook him up in his beeper thing." What he means by the beeper thing is his pulse ox machine. Once he is hooked up to the pulse ox then everything else comes out of the bag, the O2 canister, the Diastat,the suctioning machine and the stethoscope. Then we wait and see which course of action we have to take. It s usually O2 and Diastat.
Our Eoghan ate some cake on Monday morning and on Monday night he was sick. Its hard when you have food allergies and you can not eat the things you like anymore. It was the left over cake from Finnian's birthday party on Sunday. For the next party I must make a special cake that he can eat. Well the next party will be Eoghans 9th birthday and his cousins Aidan's. So I better get looking for a safe cake to bake.

No comments: