Sunday, February 8, 2009

A funny story

The one thing I always remember being told when I was young by my mother " Don't stare it's not nice". Its something I always tell my kids but kids being kids don't always listen or do they?
We were out in Micky D's yesterday Eoghan, Maura, Finnian and myself. It was kind of busy so I sat the kids at a table, parked Finnian and went up on line. I had put them in a place that I could see them. Got the order and went back to where the kids were. As I was almost at them I heard Maura say "Why are you staring at my brother?""Don't you know its not nice to stare". The first thing out of my mouth "Maura stop that" I looked at the man and he said "I'm sorry but is the little boy alright?" I just looked at Finnian and said "yes he's fine he's a special little boy". The man said " Oh as long as he is ok" I replied "yes he is".
The thing is Finnian is different but he does this thing with his eyes and it freeks everyone. Sometimes he will roll his eye all the way up so you don't see his eye balls all you see is the white part of the eyes and he will have his eyes opened. When he does this it doesn't mean he is having a seizure he just doesn't have controll of his eye muscles.
I tried to explain to Maura that people will look at Finnian and sometimes stare because he is different. Her reply " I guess their mammy never told them it's not nice to stare".
And so the saga continues.

1 comment:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

Aw I am sorry, but great job in handling the situation!