Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Monday blues

Well our Finnian was playing hooky from school on Monday. Well his nurse wasn't in so no school for our Finny. All I can say is Thank God he was at home. Joe is off on vacation this week so I was getting a jump on the spring cleaning thing well I was painting the hallway. So Finny and daddy are hanging out on the couch I am on the ladder painting and all of a sudden I hear the sound I hate to hear. Finnian's shout. I just yell at Joe is that what I think it is? All I hear is yeah. So down of the ladder I come charging grab his bag and get set up and watch and wait. Well I didn't have to wait for long to decide his O2 was only 74 and his heart rate was 196 and his lips were turning blue. I yell at Joe to get the diastat while I got the O2 going.
Well all is ok he came out of it but he wasn't back to himself until later in the evening. When his nurse came in the next day I told her about Finnian she was happy he was at home when it happened to him and not at school becasue if she saw his O2 that low she would be in a panic.
He was at school Tuesday and today, he was a little jumpy on Tuesday but had a good day today. Hopefully we won't have any more of these at least not untill he goes in to the hospital in March then he can have as many as he likes when he is in there.

No comments: