Thursday, March 14, 2013

How do I do it?

Many think I am "Super Mom" but honestly I'm not. In my vision of a "Super Mom" the house is spotless, everything is where its supposed to be, everything runs in order and on schedule. Honestly that's not me. I have to tell myself that an appointment is the least a half an hour earlier than it really is. Laundry get done when the basket is full. My house is well lived in and it certainly not spotless. Yes I am up all hours of the day and night and I have been doing this for a good many years I now cannot sleep more than 2-4 hours at a time so I guess that makes me the Queen of power naps. The computer is a both a blessing and a curse. Its a blessing during the night as I can chat to people. I guess in a way its a bit of a sanity saver. Its a curse in another way cause its always on and you know you just can't pass it by with out give a little wiggle to the mouse so the screen will come back on and something will grab you attention and of course you will plank yourself back down in front of the screen and what you were going to do gets put on the back burner. I guess I am the Queen of starting many project and really only finishing them when I need them. The shamrock shirts are a prime example I am finally getting around to make them the reason is the kids need them for school tomorrow and I don't want to be making them like I did Maurs Valentine's Day shirt right before she went to school. I know people wonder why I am so up beat and I always seem to have a smile plastered on my face. Some have asked if its my mask that I always seem so happy. Its not a mask its just me yup its just the way I am. Yes I do get pissed off and mad but that just being human. For awhile I blamed myself for the issues that Finnian has but blaming myself won't make him normal I can't turn back the clock and undo what has happened to him as they cannot really tell us what exactly is wrong with him. He has a whole lot of diagnoses but no name for what he has. I do know that life is precious and we should never take things for granted. Hey come and live in my house and we can go from being fine and dandy one minute and the next be saying a few prayers that the meds I just gave Finny will stop the seizure or if not is he stable enough to bring him to his hospital or do we just call 911. You know no parent wants to hear the doc come and discuss DNR (Do Not Resuscitate) papers we have been approached twice about them but I haven't had to make that choice yet. I know there is a possibility where we have to make that choice and that is not going to be easy one but I have to think about what is right for Finny. So how do I do it I don't really know. I just take it one day at a time and live for the good days and pray we get through the bad ones.So what if I didn't do the load of laundry or wash the floors or put every thing back where it belongs its not the end of the world and it can always be done tomorrow. So live for today and worry about tomorrow when tomorrow comes

No comments: