Friday, June 3, 2011

The latest gossip

Well today I had a fight with the medical supply company over Finnian's pulse ox. A brand new machine didn't work on battery power but it was I that was doing something wrong. Yeah right. In the end a respiratory therapist came and Finnian got a machine that works right. So now we can take him out and enjoy the nice weather.
The other fight I had was with good old UPS. The driver rang my bell but didn't say who he was and I did ask 4 times "Who is it?" and the answer he kept giving me was "I told you already" Well tough if you cannot say who you are I am not letting you in to the building. So I ran down stairs and as I got to the front door I saw the UPS truck pull away. So I called and told them that the driver wouldn't identify himself and I didn't let him in but I was waiting for Finnian's meds which get sent next day air and are supposed to be delivered by 10 am. So some one from the local depot called and wanted to know if I wanted to pick it up at the depot. Well hello my van is in the shop and I have know idea how to get there on the bus but I wouldn't be able to pick it up until 8 pm. No way was I going to be jaunting around the Bronx on buses when I had paid for a service. Then he called back and asked if I could meet the driver somewhere yeah right I would show up and he wouldn't be there. So in the end after about 5 phone calls they said it would be delivered later in the evening. The pharmacy called and they were wondering why Finnian's meds had not been delivered so I told them the story he had a good chuckle and said he would also call UPS and complain. Our regular UPS guy showed up with it this evening. He just shook his head over the whole thing and he apologized and he was wondering why they just hadn't given it to him to deliver. Its over and done with for now so I guess I will just have to wait until next month to see if I am going to have problems again.
Got the time for Finnian's tummy tuck on Monday. He is the last surgery so we don't have to be there until 1 pm. He will be kept in about 2 days he is having the nissen fundo done I know I was just joking when I said a tummy tuck.He had a horrible seizure yesterday so the neuro's office called and said to give him an extra .125mg of Klonopin in the afternoon. Got the word to call the neuro surgoen to go and talk about the VNS for Finnian. So I will be calling on Monday to make that appointment. Have to call the movement Doc she is back after having her baby to make an appointment with her on Monday as well.I called and made his eye doc appointment oh crap I forgot to make his ortho follow up appointment so that goes on my to do list on Monday.
So thats it for now

No comments: