Saturday, June 29, 2013

May

May seems to have gotten away from me with out a post. There was great excitement on May 11 our Finn-man made his First Holy Communion. I know most will think isn't that all apart of being Catholic. Yes it is but its something we never thought our Finny would be around to do. Having a child who is Medically fragile you just never know and the odds were stacked against him even reaching the age he now is.
One of Finny's little Warrior buddies lost his battle. Its so sad but at least now Jay Jay is not suffering. Rest in Peace little buddy. Both Eoghan and myself have a digestive disorder called Eosinophilic Eosphagitis. Its an autoimmune disorder where we eat certain foods our bodies see this food as germ in a way and to fight it our bodies produce huge amounts of eosinophilic cell to fight this germ. In turn this make us sick. Terrible pains, vomiting, diarrhea, very tired, no energy, and the list goes on. We are lucky we still can eat food some can not and have to drink a special formula. Eoghan seems to being doing good with just his top allergy foods removed form his diet but lately I don't seem to be doing good.Foods that I could eat are starting to bother me. I am just after getting over a really bad week where all I could eat was Rice Chex cereal. There is no cure for this disease. My psoriasis also went crazy which is another autoimmune disorder and I also have Celiac sensitivity. I am a genetic carrier of the H.L.A DQ8 gene but the other blood test has come back negative but at the time of the test I had removed all gluten and the other foods I was reacting to so its possible that I have Celiac disease and not just sensitivity to gluten. One of my high triggers is soy and soy seems to be in everything. Next time you are in the supermarket have a look on the label of the foods you are buying you will probably see soy listed. Its also one of the reasons I don't like to eat out because you just don't know if you will get something that has one of my no-no foods in it. Oh well I seem to be on the mend and the next big day will be Eoghan's Confirmation

No comments: