Monday, April 15, 2013

A nice end to a horrible week and a half

Over a week ago I got a phone call telling me that our insurance claim on our van wasn't cut and dry and it would be better if I claimed on my own insurance. So early on Friday morning I had to take it a drive in center to be checked out. End result no problem and finally our van was going to get the dents fixed. Friday evening got a call that the specialty pharmacy would not be able to ship Finnian's medication. A bit of panic set in as he wouldn't have any for Monday morning. Back and forth on the phone trying to get things straightened out on Monday so now no night dose of the med. Finally on Tuesday we got confirmation that everything was fixed and his meds were being shipped out and I would be able to pick them up on Wednesday. Seizures had been increasing but they were manageable with a bit of help from one of his rescue meds. I was so happy to get that UPS box with his meds in it. Dropped off the van at the shop to get fixed and they said they would do a check up on it too. So we were only with out the van for a few days and wow does my van look great and now she runs great too. The power steering pump/motor had to be replace which I knew and they put a new bulb in the break light on the back window and they also fixed the spring in the back door release clip. Friday I finally got the taxes done and then rushed to get to Eoghan's Confirmation class but found out that the parents meeting had been cancelled which was fine. Saturday morning had a basketball game where the Mammies played against Maura's team. We had a great time but I hurt now. Not used to all that running even my arms hurt. It was all for fun and we gave the kids a good game. Saturday afternoon we had Finnian's Communion rehearsal and he did his First Confession. Its funny Finnian was Baptized on Maura's 2nd birthday and he made his First Confession on the same date that she was Baptized on. So I have no excuse not to remember the dates. The next big day is May 11th when he will receive his First Holy Communion. He has his suit and all the bits and bobs gotten already for his big day. Eoghan's Confirmation is not until June so we still have to get his outfit but we have time yet. Sunday morning was a bit rough boy did I hurt but sucked it up and took Finnian off to his Religious instruction class and then on to Church which we had to go out in to the vestibule again because of stupid seizures. He had a bit of a cat nap and woke up fine like nothing happened. The rest of the the day he was fine. Went in there a short time ago and yet again he had taken his nappy off. Will have to make sure he wears some kind of pants, shorts or jammie bottoms over these nappies as he has no problem opening them.

No comments: