Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Well the bubble burst

Dam seizures are back.
We had one on Saturday night well we had been watching out for it but the one last night really pissed me off.
Yeah he had peeing problems again yesterday but he had an Infantile Spasm seizure last night that even with Diastat lasted for over 10 minutes.
Today he is still very jumpy jerky and then to top it all off the laughing seizure started back. We havent seen one of them in almost 2 years. I called the doctor again so they decided to increase his Keppra again. My poor child is on mega doses of meds and the Keto diet. I don't know but at the same time we had 6.5 weeks of no seizures the best we have had ever.
The ortho appointment was today and his hip hasn't gotten worse so we have to wait again for another 6 mths but if the popping noise gets worse we have to call.Finnian's tone has been getting spatic in his limbs so the doctor suggested we talk to the neuro about a med to reduce his tone. I don't know about this he is on so much already but we did find out that his potassium is low maybe its more cramping from the low potassium than spacticty. I will mention it to the neuro next week but I would like the seizures to stop.

2 comments:

Jennifer Ortiz said...

I tell Mike it's like we take 1 step forward and then 2 steps back. How are his seizures now?

Bronx Cataldo's said...

Still a little off the wall just increased his Keppra again so we will just have to see.