Monday, April 14, 2014

Its been awhile

I have really neglected my blog its been an outlet for me and its time to get back in the swing of things.Of course I fried my computer again but not to worry working on getting a new one. So much has happened since my last blog update. The kids went back to school in September its hard to believe Eoghan is in 8th grade we know he will be attending All Hallows High School in September. Maurs is in 5th grade and doing great. Finnian is still on home medical and he will be staying on home medical school its safer for him. Not to worry even with all his issues he is a very social friendly child and he gets to experience basically everything maybe even more than some kids. December was a busy month for us Finnian was in the hospital getting a medication change for his seizures and then he made his Confirmation. We are still in Religious Instruction class and yes I did have to his home work and you know picking a Saints name was just as hard if not harder than giving a new baby a name. We picked well I should say I picked St. Colman. There are over 300 Irish Saint's named St.Colman's but 2 stood out as they have connections to where my parents are from in Ireland. So on December 9th 2013 Finnian received his Confirmation. Then Christmas came and of course Santa Clause came and paid us a visit. Eoghan got a laptop so that is what I have been using since my lovely PC decided I worked it too hard.Seizure wise it was a bit rough for Finnian as we were still weaning one of his meds and slowly going up on the new one. January came around and Finnian's birthday he turned 9 years old. We have had a lot of snow this winter and of course the sleds got dusted off and we spent a few days out on the hill and of course Finnian had his turn. We had to get him a bigger sled as he is finally too big for the circular one he lost his wellies coming down the hill and ended up with cold feet. February was good Finnian wise he was behaving seizure wise. The month of March we saw the seizure monster come back never fails stop one type and another pops up but you know we are used to it as it happens all the time. As a parent of a child with special needs the one thing I try is to give him a normal child hood. Now I know most think I am off my rocker but what you have to remember is he is still a child and in a way he needs to try normal childhood things. Yeah we have to adapt to his need but you would be surprised at the joy he gets. He goes on the swing (special needs) in the park, he goes down the twisty slide on his own in the park I need someone with me to put him down the slide but he loves it. He goes sledding I get him ready at the top and get someone to push him off and I will get him at the bottom and carry him back to the top and we will keep going until I have had enough running up and down with him. I take him on the NYC buses and subways I am really learning all the wheelchair accessible stops if we have his wheelchair but if we have the jogger it doesn't really matter he loves being bounced up and down the steps. Will have to invest in a new special needs jogger as his legs have gotten too long for the regular jogging stroller. Its expensive but will be worth it as we use it a good bit in the summer at the beach and on the trails and its what I use in the snow. We had the best day out this past weekend. We went to Citi Field to a Spartan Race no, no I didn't do the race but 2 of the kids did the race. Yup Maurs and Finnian competed and honestly what an experience for both of them. What an amazing group of people honestly they are all great individuals but as a group words cannot express how truly amazing they are. Well you are probably tired after reading this so I won't bore you with anymore of my ramblings so instea.d you can look at some pictures Confirmation picture
a collage of his hospital stay we have to have fun
Sledding
Finnian's new sled
flying past me
not too impressed with the snow on his face
Some Christmas pictures
The Birthday Boy
St.Patrick's Day yup she put a skirt on me
Citi Field Spartan Race
Finnian and his HERO Steve-o
See the cheeky grin on him he is having fun
Me and the 2 kids
That's it for now

No comments: